OK, don’t gag when I tell you this…I really love my husband.
I do. My eyeballs are totally doing that cartoon beating heart thing as I type this.
The day I met Big Daddy P (aka “Peaches” back then), sparks really flew for me. I wrote about that lightning bolt of love thing once before, you can click here to read all about it. Anywho, no one in my 17 years had made me feel quite like Peaches did, aside from maybe Edward Furlong back in 1991 (whew, dodged that bullet). In the 4 years that followed, my love for him grew 4x as much and if you asked me how much I loved him on our wedding day, I would have told you I couldn’t love him more.
I was so wrong.
I love Big Daddy P so much more today than the day we married. I feel supremely blessed to be married to a man who continues his evolution of awesomeness with each passing year.
We’ve seen tremendous joys and heartbreaking losses in our 12 years of marriage and through it all he’s always kept a positive attitude and a cheesy grin on his face. God, I love that man.
Try to curb the nausea a little while longer as I share the following reasons why Big Daddy P is my better half.
1. When he helps my family and friends without being asked, I love him for his generosity.
2. When he tells me that dress makes me look fat and then curses out the dress, I love him for being on my side.
3. When he makes my morning coffee, I love him for his sensibility.
4. When he allows the kids to climb all over him after a long day at work, I love him for the depths of his love for our children.
5. When he pretends to “accidentally” pinch my butt, I love him for his playfulness.
6. When I break stuff, I love him for having tools instead of being one.
7. When I closed the garage door on his car not once but twice, I love him for quietly fuming and then letting it go.
8. When we agree “no presents” and he buys them for me anyway, I love him for understanding women.
But Honey, he isn’t perfect.
With a loving heart I share the following traits that make Big Daddy P human and me absolutely crazy.
1. He is a Twitter addict. Like #forreals and it #sucks.
2. He leaves his shoes all over the house. #momdown #worsethanachild
3. He is in crazy good shape from cycling and I’m pretty sure I weigh more than him. #nofair #againstthenaturalorder
That Big Daddy P is just a good man, plain and simple. And that makes me really lucky, plain and simple.
Peaches, I squishy heart you. Don’t ever change (unless of course I want you to).