The Big Toybook and Sharpie will be giving 3 lucky winners a bag of goodies! We can’t share the secret contents of the bag just yet because it’s the same swag our friends at BlogHer will be receiving! But wait, there’s more! Sweet Jeanette will be giving 1 lucky winner a beautiful handcrafted bag!
We will use Random.org to select 4 winners which will be announced on Monday!
To enter the drawing make sure you link-up your post on our BlogHer ’10 Pity Party by clicking here for the details. So get writing and enter today!
BlogHer is an annual blogging conference for women and it is a really, really big deal. BlogHer’10 is taking place this weekend in NYC, bringing female bloggers together to learn, share ideas, network and partay!
Tina from Life Without Pink is my virtual twin sister in some parallel universe. She has boys, I have boys. She is fantastic, I am fantastic. She’s not attending BlogHer, I’m not attending BlogHer.
So last week we were bumming pretty hard about being Non-BlogHers and decided misery loves company, because it really does. And that, dear Mommy Friends is how the BlogHer Pity Party was born! Life Without Pink has graciously offered to host the McLinky so we can link up with our fellow Non-BlogHers!
All you have to do is write a post about why you are disappointed to be missing out on BlogHer. We also want to hear what you will miss by not attending and what you won’t miss by not attending.
Head on over to Life Without Pink and link up to join our BlogHer Pity Party! If we can’t be there with our friends to celebrate BlogHer in person, we can at least lament together and make them feel sorry for us!
What I will miss about BlogHer’10
1. Not having the opportunity to say, “This one time, at BlogHer…”
2. The BlogHer inside jokes. Every good girl’s weekend has ’em.
3. Not getting to buy new clothes for the conference.
4. Not getting to meet my online besties in person (make the pain stop!).
5. Missing out on the opportunity to network with some amazing companies.
What I will not miss about BlogHer’10
2. Getting lost at DFW on my connecting flight.
3. Being the newbie and all the nerves that come with it.
4. The effort that goes into pretending I know how to walk in high heels.
5. Not being invited to the fancy sponsored parties all the cool kids are attending.
I am saddest of all that I won’t be meeting all the brilliant moms behind the blogs I adore and admire so much. Sure, I’ll get over it, just like I got over being dumped right before prom for an easy sophomore. My heart did go on, and on, and on.
To my dear friends attending BlogHer: Drink too much, be fabulous and miss me. Muah!